Gloria Jeans Coffee Shop in Centaurus Mall

 Gloria Jeans Coffee is American-Australian in origin retaining in nearly 40 countries. One of its outlet is located in the Centaurus Mall 3rd floor with a terrace view that looks at the surreal beauty of Islamabad. It is the go-to place for respite, for chit chat, corporate discussions, or just a meet-up with friends. If you are looking for instagrammable cafes in Islamabad, then having Gloria Jeans Coffee in Islamabad’s winter in the terrace of Centaurus mall is all the pleasure and content you need for the day!

While, a lot of people would prefer outdoor café, a coffee shop in a mall seems like a less pleasurable place to seek refuge from your hectic day of work. However, Gloria Jeans’ location in the mall is just about right to satisfy all the introverts who are seeking a spot to gather their thoughts with a Coffee cup or extroverts seeking a windy, open-air place to energize with a cup of Coffee! Its an appeal for all!

gloria jeans coffee
From breakfast, to brunch, to lunch and to pastas, the Coffee shop is more than just a coffee shop for sure. It’s a café full of aroma of brewing coffee and sizzling grilled cheese sandwich. They have a bookshelf and sofas in a corner, black table and chair on the terrace and couch and coffee table in the other corner of the shop! Their staff emanate happy and cooperative vibes.

I went to Gloria Jeans’ Coffee Shop in Centaurus Mall to basically study and gather my thoughts. I chose a humble corner to sit in isolation with my laptop. The staff was cooperative, they guided me about the socket near by to charge my device as well as opened extra lights after a while when they noticed that I was studying! These gestures just made my experience as a customer quite seamless. I was able to enjoy the scenic view of their terrace ambiance from the glass door that separate the in house and roof top sitting areas as well as enjoy the respite in my corner spot while studying.

MY ORDER

I ordered a hot chocolate with red velvet cake. Then as I was sitting there for hours, I ordered a grilled chicken cheese sandwich with water for lunch.

MY EXPERIENCE AT GLORIA JEANS’ COFFEE SHOP

The hot chocolate was perfect for the wintery day. I should have ordered coffee, but it was end of December and my mood was nostalgic. The Gloria Jeans Coffee Shop’s Hot Chocolate reminded me of the comfort of my home on my day off where I would be chilling in my pajamas enjoying same cup of hot chocolate. The red velvet cake was good, but I felt it could have been better. I felt the sponge was a bit dry. The frosting of it was rich and tasty but it would have gone well with a fresher and a little bit soft and moist sponge.

grilled chicken cheese sandwich
For lunch I ordered a delicious plate of grilled cheese sandwich. The Gloria Jeans’ Coffee Shop’s serving style is very exquisite or so I felt. The staff rearranged another table because my gadgets were hogging the space of my current table where I was studying. They put another table so that I can enjoy my food. The serving is shown above. The taste of the sandwich was Western and subtle. It was not spicy. The fries were crispy and fresh. I could not however finish the whole thing, so it was wrapped for take away.

REVIEW OF TASTE

Hot Chocolate: 08/10
A Slice of Red Velvet Cake: 06/10
Grilled Chicken Cheese Sandwich: 08/10

Is the Gloria Jeans Coffee Shop a must visit? If you are seeking a respite then definitely come and sit in this café of the Centaurus Mall to enjoy a well deserved respite. There are many coffee shops in Islamabad, even in Centaurus there are a couple more but I like the peace and calm of Gloria Jans Coffee Shop’s ambiance.

 

 

 

 

Comments