Khurdan South Asian Cuisine - Centaurus Mall

BBQ is the most loved desi food, apart from biryani. In desi weddings, people have live BBQ as it is enjoyable for the sight as well as for the tummy. Eid ul Azha is never complete without a BBQ party with friends and family. Generally, it is hard to find a spicy BBQ in Islamabad. By far, we have experienced continental dishes, steaks, and desi items in Islamabad but definitely miss the Karachi style spicy taste. Therefore, the quest to find best place for bbq in Islamabad remains ongoing. This quest led us to Khurdan South Asian Cuisine Restaurant.

bbq place

The Khurdan South Asian Cuisine Restaurant is located in Centaurus mall on the third floor. They have dine in option as well as open air set up with the picturesque view of Islamabad from the terrace of the Centaurus mall. If you are looking for the best platter in Islamabad, or affordable bbq platter deals with South Asian spices and desi taste, then Khurdan South Asian Cuisine restaurant is a must visit. It is one of the good restaurant in Islamabad for family, and it offers exquisite view of Islamabad. 

We went there out of the blue and found that the staff was very attentive. The greeted and showed their open-air sitting area as well as tables inside so customer can choose where to sit comfortably and enjoy the food. It was a cold winter night, so I chose a dine in option. The staff arranged a table for one in a corner which met my requirement. Their menu is a book beautifully designed, that ranges from starters like soups, dished of beef, mutton, and chicken, desi meals such as biryani, karahi, and a mouth watering range of BBQ such as reshmi kebab, tikka, and malai boti.

MY ODER

For sides, I ordered a hot and sour soup and I was feeling feisty so I ordered Tandoori Chicken. It is a full roasted chicken. The staff explained that it is made like chargha with desi South Asian spices which appealed to me. I ordered a coke along with a tandoori naan to complement the tandoori chicken.

EXPERIENCE AT THE KHURDAN SOUTH ASIAN CUISINE RESTAURANT

Well, the soup was served first. It was thick and very tasty with a lot of pepper, and right amount of sauces so I did not really need to add extra soya sauce or chili sauce. However, the serving was comparatively smaller than ginsoy’s bowl. The sizzling Tandoori Chicken was served shortly. The waiter was kind enough to serve the Tandoori Chicken on my plate as well because the tong was too hot, and I burnt my hand (bummer!). The taste of Tandoori Chicken reminded me of my hometown Karachi which is why I devoured my serving. Definitely, the restaurant is living up to its promise of South Asian Cusisine because surely the spices of this bbq dish, Tandoori Chicken were desi. The chicken was neither over cooked nor undercooked. It was roasted, it was tender, it was fresh and delicious.

They offer deals although I was not able to see the deals in their menu. I think there must be a separate broacher for their deals. They have BBQ platters however, which I was intrigued to try. Have a look at the mouth-watering chicken tandoori:

best bbq in islamabad

I could not devour entire chicken obviously. The remaining was packed in a foil and paper bag which was very nice. I do not know why I liked their packing very neat and worth mentioning here.

REVIEW

Taste of soup: 07/10
Taste of Tandoori Chicken: 08/10
Taste of Garlic Naan: 07/10
Ambiance: 07/10
Value of Money: 07/10

The tandoori chicken was served with side chutnis and raita. The raita was not runny or watery. It was perfect consistency and tasted well with the tandoori chicken. I liked their imli chutni however, I did not try their green chutni. The restaurant has affordable bbq platters which are worth giving a try because I am sure they are offering bbq quality to satisfy your inner, sizzling bbq cravings. If you are in Islamabad, no need to search best bbq place near me. Just visit the Khurdaan restaurant at the third floor of the Centaurus mall.
 

Comments