The Coffee Shops In Islamabad - Experiencing The Butler's Cafe

 ''Coffee is a language in itself." Jackle Chan

One thing about Islamabad is its scenic views and its beautiful coffee shops! Coffee is the mood of the day and coffee is a constant mood. Hence, coffee is the classic example of food of the mood or to be more accurate it is the drink of the mood. 

What coffee lovers seek in a perfect coffee shop is a mellow ambiance, a warm cozy feeling, corners that are customized making you feel like you could just sit there have coffee and let the time fly! Coffee shop for introverts is a place to seek comfort and refuge while for extroverts its a place to hang out. For students its a place to chill and for corporate workers its a place to have business discussion or respite with friends. Coffee shop is a place to make memories as well as to cherish memories. 

In desi set ups, its often a false perception that coffee is a seasonal beverage. However, many coffee shops that are now open here and there have changed this perception because whether its the tiring heat of Karachi or freezing winters of Islamabad, Coffee Shops are the places always running and brimming with people. 

There are many coffee brands in Pakistan, in particular Islamabad. One of my personal favorite is the Second Cup. I happened to have my first cup at the Second Cup Coffee Shop located in the Centaurus Mall. The Hazel Nut Latte was worth savoring every sip. This was back in 2017. Now, there are many branches of the Second Cup in Islamabad. One of them is located in F7 close to the Butler's Café as well. Then there is Gloria Jeans, The Street Café and many more. 

In particular, I want to share my experience at the Butler's Café. The corner shop in F7 offers an open air as well as a dine in experience. I loved the open air set up as well but I happened to go there in a chilly night recently therefore, we chose to have a dine in experience. As with all the coffee shops, it had people and many of them surprisingly for that hour. There were couples, there were corporate people who were having there laptops and what seemed like a hot discussion over some data because they kept peeking at their screens while they chatted. 

Ideally, we wanted to have a place near the glass window of the coffee shop because that had the view of outside open air set up as well as the main road. Plus, the corner had sofas that seemed cozy. The coffee shop was lit with yellow lights and servers were very attentive. There were chocolates, muffins, banana bread loafs, pie and brownies on display as well. The neatness of the coffee shop over all was impeccable. We ordered two lattes and two chocolate chip muffins because the classic never runs out of style!

The taste of the coffee to be honest was average. Not too good and not bad. I have tasted second cup and Moca of Cinnabon Coffee Shop in Centaurus therefore, I was not impressed. What kept me intact to the coffee shop and even enjoy the coffee, albeit normal in taste was the ambiance and environment of the coffee shop itself. It was too cozy for me to just instantly leave. So, as always with all my favorite coffee shops,

- I sat and enjoyed the hot coffee, looked around the coffee shop, talked to my colleague who was with me, had my muffin (half of it) until I have the warm feeling brimming my heart. That is when we decided to leave. 

The taste of the coffee is average for the Butler's Café. The muffin was soft and tasty. The service and ambiance were good enough that I would surely go to this coffee shop again and try their different coffee flavors and side deserts. Is it a must have in Islamabad? Not really. But, if you are here and trying places here, do visit. 

Comments